I am spiritually called to offer another one of my Free Distance Reiki Pools for anyone who would like extra healing for themselves, a loved-one (human or animal) or for any life situation that could benefit from a positive dose of light, love and prayer. Feel free to think globally in your requests! (As you read below, you’ll see why.) If you would like to add yourself, someone else or an event that needs healing to my Reiki Pool, please leave a note below in the comment section or contact me privately by clicking HERE. I will be in meditation throughout the next five days, during the festival of Wesak, sending healing globally. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to receive Free Distance Reiki energy and prayer this week. I look forward to hearing from you!
* * *
Wesak (pronounced WE-sock) is an observed holy holiday in Southeast Asia and one of the most important festivals in the Buddhist calendar. This year in the United States, Wesak is this Wednesday on May 14th. This is a celebration of the Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and death. It is honored around the world by Buddhists during the full moon of May. It’s an honoring that begins two days before the full moon and ends two days after the full moon. An article (I highly recommend you read) by Alice A. Bailey explains Wesak in much more detail and how it astrologically and spiritually relates to us now during the 2014 May full moon in Scorpio with the sun in Taurus. You can find the article by clicking HERE. (A special thanks to my dear friend, Giacinta, who originally shared this article with me.)
Wesak (also spelled Vesak) is a five day period of practicing non-self importance, generosity of spirit, being of service to others, widening perspective and working for the greater good of humanity. It is about globalized spiritual consciousness. It’s a time to hold ourselves, others and the entire world in divine light and unconditional love to raise the individual and collective vibration on Earth.
The following video further explains Wesak. Please know that this video was created last year, in 2013, so the dates of Wesak as posted on the video do not apply to 2014. Wesak is always honored during May’s full moon, so every year the dates of this festival changes. This year, in 2014, Wesak occurs on May 14th, which is this Wednesday!
As stated in the above video and timed at 6:22 of the video, is the following:
What can we do to play our part in the Wesak festival?
For two days prior to the Wesak full moon, the day of the full moon and for the two subsequent days, endeavor to do the following things:
- Link up with all people of spiritual intention and good will throughout the world.
- Using the creative imagination, eliminate out of your consciousness all negativity. See yourself clear and on the side of the forces of light.
- Preserve a spirit of love for all individuals.
- When meditating and invoking the forces of light, endeavor to forget entirely your own personal difficulties, tragedies and problems.
- Endeavor at sunrise, at noon, at five o’clock and at sunset plus the exact time of the full moon in your own land to say The Great Invocation (below) with the intent to invoke, precipitate and anchor an art of manifestation the waiting potencies. Do this aloud when possible and in group formation whenever feasible.
The Great Invocation:
“From the point of light from within the light of God, let light stream forth into human minds. Let light descend on Earth. From the point of love within the heart of God, let love stream forth into human hearts. May the coming One return to Earth. From the center where the will of God is known, let purpose guide all human wills- the purpose which the masters know and serve. From the center which we call the human race, let the plan of love and light work out and may it seal the door where evil dwells. Let light and love and power restore the plan on Earth.”
* * *
If you are interested in honoring Wesak, you can follow the suggestions above in how to play your part. This is helpful for those who thrive with structure and a clear purpose. The Great Invocation is, indeed, a beautiful prayer for the world. For some of you, however, simply spending this week by being more conscious, meditative and altruistic, may feel like a more free-flowing way to celebrate this sacred week.
Some ideas for the week ahead (and please, do whatever resonates and feels good to you):
- Meditate daily
- Start a fast (or juice feast)
- If you’re a healer, send global healing
- If you pray, pray for others
- Do something for the greater good of humanity, small or large
- Be of service
- Practice unconditional compassion for all Beings everywhere
- Be mindful
- Reconnect with your spirituality
- Do anything that you feel raises your vibration
- Or simply contact me for Free Distance Reiki 🙂
With pure radiant light and love, have a very blessed and sacred week ahead as we honor Wesak, the Buddha, all spiritual masters, the full moon, Mother Earth and each other.
Peace and Reiki Blessings, Shana