In-Person Animal Reiki Treatments:
I travel to your home to give your animal companion personal Reiki treatments. This includes getting in-depth information from you on the history and details of your companion’s life and current challenges. I spend time connecting and creating a space of trust with your companion while healing the physical, mental and emotional levels of consciousness with Reiki. I intuitively pick up information and receive messages while working. Often animals have things to share with me that is helpful in creating healing and harmony in their lives with their human companions and with other animals that may be in the home.
I am located on Sonoma County, California, in the Northern San Francisco Bay Area. With this being said, I also offer Distance Animal Reiki, so I may serve my animal friends around the globe.
Animal Reiki Treatment Rate:
1 hour Animal Reiki Treatment: $75
Contact me HERE if you would like to schedule a Reiki Treatment for your animal companion. ♥
I work with people and I work with animals to help them improve and maintain their quality of life. Reiki is wonderful for our animal companions because it is gentle, noninvasive and does not require physical contact. It does not cause them stress, pain, discomfort or aggravate their issues. Numerous powerful benefits result from Reiki for animals. Just like with humans, animals easily respond to Reiki’s influence to support their healing of emotional, behavioral, and physical illnesses and injuries. For animals who are ill, Reiki is a wonderful healing method as well as a safe complement to Western Medicine, Chinese Medicine, homeopathy, and all other forms of natural healing. Animal Reiki can reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and surgery.
My own cat, Mitts, was able to heal perfectly from a severe compound fractured leg, which required surgery and months in a cast. After frequent Reiki treatments during his recovery, he now has full use of his leg with no limitations. (All this after being told we should amputate.) Energy healing is amazing and can be very effective!
Reiki treatment for humans generally includes a series of specific hand positions lightly placed upon different areas of the body to identify and stimulate healing. Unlike humans, animals will frequently place certain parts of their body that need healing against the hands of the Reiki practitioner. You can use Reiki with a light touch on an animal or from several feet away. Some animals may come forward to receive hands-on treatment. A Reiki practitioner can use distant Reiki to help the healing process. I encourage Reiki in treating our animal companion’s endocrine glands which include the Pineal and Pituitary, Thyroid and Thymus, Adrenals, Pancreas, Gonads and Ovaries. And always, follow your intuition on where to place your hands.
Benefits of Reiki for Animals
- It is gentle, noninvasive, painless, and stress-free.
- It goes to the issues that need it most, even when unknown to the animal companion ‘owner’ or practitioner.
- It can be given hands-on or from a distance and adapted to nearly any issue or animal.
- It can do no harm to either recipient or practitioner.
- Animals can influence their partnership in the treatment.
Our animal companions are highly sensitive to the energies of their surroundings. Reiki can serve animals in the following ways:
- Maintain health and well-being on the physical, mental and emotional levels.
- Induce deep relaxation and stress-relief.
- Accelerate healing in ill or injured animals.
- Enhance healing in animals recovering from pre surgery.
- Help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Help reduce behavior problems.
- Increasing bond between human and animal companion – a great way to ease an animal’s transition to a new home environment or to enhance training your animal companion.
- Help abused animals heal from past mental, emotional and physical trauma.
- Promoting relaxation and calm for animals with emotional issues, anxiety, separation anxiety or stress.
- Complement conventional and alternative therapies.
- Lessen the side effects of medical treatments.
- Support the dying process. Bringing peace and comfort to a dying pet by easing the transition into death.
Studies demonstrate that adoption of animals in shelters and sanctuaries are increasing where the animals are offered Reiki and show positive responses. Since animal Reiki treatments are not dependent upon physical contact for effectiveness, they are wonderful to use with shelter animals. Animals who are fearful, abused or aggressive are perfect for Reiki from a distance. Reiki practitioners can offer Reiki quite successfully whether physical contact is used or not.
People come in and out of our lives to help us with our personal growth. Our animal companions offer this as well. Our animal companions can reflect our thoughts, feelings, physical maladies, and even the significant issues we are dealing with in our lives. It is not always this clear to see with your animal companions. Frequently our animal companions are showing us what we need to work on and where we do not have a natural balance.
Using Reiki to Connect With Your Animal Companion
Establish a strong sense of calmness and inner peace. Breathe deeply several times to relax your entire body. Release your fears and attachments to the outcome of Reiki and the well-being of your animal companion. Encourage your animal companion to embrace you and Reiki with your heart felt love and compassion. Experience a developing harmony with both you and your animal companion. The average session usually lasts about 45 minutes and can go as long as 90 minutes. As it is with humans, your relationship and approach with animal companions, is essential to the quality of the Reiki treatment.
- Take time to establish a meaningful rapport with the humans and animal companion.
- Allow the animal companion to initiate the physical connection. Allow them to come to you for hands-on Reiki treatments.
- Support the animal companion to move around freely and not feel ‘trapped’ in any location during the treatment.
- Animal companions will frequently relax when receiving the Reiki.
- They may lay down, fall asleep, yawn, lick or sigh.
- Water is important to have available, as they often become thirsty during and after the treatment. Water also helps to restore balance and cleanse.
NOTE: Reiki is not a substitute for taking your animal companion to your veterinarian. If your animal companion needs immediate assistance, please contact your veterinarian immediately. I recommend that we respect our animal companion’s own healing process without judgment or attachment to the results.
Animal Reiki Classes
I offer Animal Reiki Certification Classes that teach topics that include:
- What is Reiki?
- How to create a safe energy space.
- Why animals love Reiki.
- How Reiki can help animals.
- What a typical animal Reiki treatment looks like.
- The complete animal Reiki treatment.
- Reiki in treating our animal companion’s endocrine glands.
Contact me HERE if you would like to learn more information or if you would like to schedule a session for your animal companion.
♥ ♥ ♥
“Shana Dean is a compassionate, bright, and loving friend to animal beings everywhere. Shana visited Whispering Willows Sanctuary to give Reiki healing to some of the animals in our care. Some of the rescue animals have suffered severe abuse and neglect in past circumstances and have finally arrived at a safe, loving place filled with beauty and serenity. Even though they are safe, they still have emotional and physical issues that take quite sometime to heal. Shana’s first client was our pony “Little Eddie”.
“Little Eddie” is very shy with everyone including me. I was surprised and delighted to see him immediately relax and open up to Shana. He leaned his body against her, and soaked up all of the love and light energy Shana brought forth. I told Shana that if “Little Eddie” could shrink himself and fit in her pocket to be with her all day, he would. I was thrilled by his reaction and energy attraction to Shana. ”Little Eddie” has been a tough nut to crack. He has been very weary of touch almost giving off the feeling of being burned because of his history of abuse and neglect. He was very comfortable and enjoyed Shana’s light touch and energy work. Later, in the day, Shana took a walk with me through the farm. All of the animals on the farm came up to greet her and bask in her attention. She was a Star at the farm. The animals can feel her love and compassion and know that she can be trusted to ease their pain and touch their hearts.”
Founder of Whispering Willows Sanctuary
Sonoma County, California